Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST) is inviting students to Write a Poem.
Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST) is inviting students to Write a Poem. The two poetry categories areas are: Junior Cycle and Senior Cycle.
Rules of the Competition
- All entries must be submitted electronically via email and typed (not scanned or handwritten)
- Each entrant may only submit one poem
- Each entry must include:
- the Title of the Poem
- the Name of the Entrant
- the Name and Address of the School
- the Category being entered
- Teacher name, email address and mobile number
- Emailed entries must be sent by the teacher or school and not by the student
- Where an entry is inspired by or written in response to a particular poem, the name of the poem and the poet must be clearly stated on the entry and, where possible, a copy of the original poem should be attached
- The competition is aimed at individual writers. Class sets of poems will not be considered as entries for the competition.
Please note that entrants should keep a copy of their poems, as poems will not be returned.
Prizes for the Writers
The winning poets in each section will receive a commemorative plaque and their poem will be published on the PDST Post-Primary website and printed in the PDST National Poetry Award booklet.
Prizes will be presented at an online award ceremony organised by the PDST in association with Laois Education Centre on March 25th 2021 from 4.15-5.15pm
How to Enter
Closing date for receipt of entries is Friday 12th February 2021.
All entries should be emailed to email@example.com