What is it?
The Shona Group are running a writing competition aimed at young women across Ireland. They are accepting the following writing types for this competition:
- A lived experience you have overcome, and what you’ve learned.
- A profile of a woman you admire.
- An opinion piece with a positive and empowering message.
Rules and Entry Information
- The winner will win a writer studio bundle courtesy of Harvey Norman.
- The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday, May 28th.
- Pieces should be 500-700 words in length, include links to external sites, photos and references if you wish
- Write from your heart, in a tone that you would like to read.
- Articles can be published to the Shona website anonymously if you like.
- Email all pieces as a Word attachment to email@example.com including your name, school, age, and a brief intro to your piece.
For more information, visit their website: The Shona Writing Competition.