Skip to content
Below is a list of online art resources that you may find useful.
Galleries and Museums
- Chester Beatty – explore collections and exhibitions. Filter by places, world faiths and materials or techniques.
- Getty Museum – view exhibitions and collections as well as conservation efforts for the preservation of artefacts.
- The Guggenheim – online events, programs and exhibitions as well as a virtual tour of the museum.
- Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History
- Hugh Lane Art Gallery – virtual tour, online activities and collections from the gallery.
- The Louvre – search the Louvre collection to view paintings, sketches and media on your selected artwork.
- The Met – exhibitions, events and articles. They offer a ‘timeline of art history‘ which may be of interest to you, tracing the story of art based on their collection.
- The Irish Museum of Modern Art – search the collection held at the modern art gallery based in Kilmainham. There are over 3,000 pieces by Irish and international artists at this gallery.
- Musée d’Orsay – search the gallery collection by work or artist.
- National Gallery of Ireland – view the full collection of artwork and sculptures found in the gallery here.
- National Gallery of London – virtual tour of Renaissance masterpieces and the Sainsbury Wing.
- Rijksmuseum – Explore the collection of work and take a virtual tour.
- Sistene Chapel – virtual tour of the Sistene Chapel.
- Tate Modern – modern art museum in London. Holds collections by arts experimenting with materials, concepts and sculpture.
- Van Gogh Museum – gallery in Amsterdam that holds some of Vincent van Gogh’s classics including ‘Sunflowers’.
Media, Projects and Programmes
Video and TV Series